Welcome to my (Claire Stout) blog about my summer internship in Yellowstone National Park. I am brought here by the Student Conservation Association and given a scholarship by Americorps for my college tuition. I am interning under the head ranger at the Tower Ranger Station. This blog contains stories of my adventures and what it is like to live here in the park. There are also photos that contain me, the people I work with, and interesting things I encounter. Feel free to leave a comment and enjoy!

Yellowstone Album 3

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Backcountry

I'm just going to say that I am really excited right now because tomorrow I'm going into the backcountry with Ranger Dooley. We are going to check out the campsites in the Hellroaring area, and I can't wait for two straight days of hiking! I'm not really sure what we're going to do yet so I'll write about it when I get back.

Things have been somewhat quiet here. I think I've finally gotten into the swing of things. I've been in the back country office yesterday and today so getting out to Hellroaring will be a nice relief. A month and a half ago I would have said it the other way around, that sitting at the Internet all day would have been my first choice and hiking my second. But no matter how much I get out, or how hard the hike is, I just can't seem to get enough of it.

Do you people want more pictures of bears? I lost count of how many bears I have seen. I know I only put a few pictures of them in.

I must remember to get a picture of my wrist so everyone can see the wicked tan I have. I look at the watch tan I have and now I can't believe I was that white not 1 month ago! I switched the watch to the other arm so I can tan that part of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment